Friday, January 2, 2015

Feeling the need to write

I'm trying to get used to Google+ but for now am fairly limited to what seems to be more and more a wasteland known as Facebook.

I don't think people want to invest the time to read more than the bare minimum. I have a tendency to be long-winded so I hope to find a happy medium here. This may ultimately be an online journal that would probably be better kept offline but fuck it. I'm sure there's already and NSA folder with my name on it but they think I'm harmless enough. Their assessment is probably right; my biggest threat to society as a whole is that of a grammar nazi.

I guess to start, if you happened upon this an know me, then you may be disappointed. While I am a Christian, I don't attend church and seem to find the churchy atmosphere extremely boring and off-putting. There are a few exceptions -- that's due to some exceptional personalities.

this first blog is going to be short - very short. I would like to document my path from Goldwater Republican to Reagan neocon (long journey) to libertarian, Ron Paul supporting (to an extent) person. Those last few years have gone at the pace that the world seems to be changing -- lightening speed. Now, libertarians are just another branch on the same political tree that has government at the root. These will be the major topics of my musings. 

There will be some nice tangents for my sanity. Maybe some puppy videos, perhaps Russian dash cam car wrecks that I find strangely soothing.  I will likely not advertise the existence of this blog. Should you happen upon this blog, your comments would be greatly appreciated. That phrase has been driven into the ground thanks to You Tube but really, when you invest some time in a venture like this and are convinced that you are only writing to yourself, I imagine the effect of someone actually following what you put your efforts into is profound. We shall see and I won't hold my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment